One of the things that I’m enjoying most about Chain Factor, besides the incredibly addictive game, is the code hints/easter eggs that you get sometimes that show up as an “error message”. Like this one:
LEVEL 3 / CODE NNN
* UPPER BOUND FOR BASIC SCORES?
* ok i’ve got to stop playtesting and start coding. i’m starting to see
* colored discs everywhere i look. do we know the upper limit on
* basic mode scoring? i’m thinking about memory allocation…
* No we don’t. Figuring that out is the players’ job.
* Here’s another to do: find someone in the Minneapolis area to check
* on the OOH which should be up: 494 and hwy 77 – might need some
* searching around.
Incredibly fun stuff. Give it a try.
Update Finally got error 1 again:
LEVEL 1 / CODE NNN
* MEDIA MATRIX
* s, this printout is unreadable – i’m missing half the entries in the
* locations column…
* Yes, actually it would be useful if you could go out and confirm that
* these are up:
* LA Century N/L E/O Aviation – should be obvious.
* 1815 Hawthorne 90278 – not sure about this one, you may have to
* look around a bit.
* can’t wait to see your mad media jamming skillz
* We’re going to put Primacy to shame – not just sticking up a few
* posters but appropriating the media machine on a grand scale.
Update 2 Yet another one:
LEVEL 1 / CODE D
* ++Power Outage?++
* F, why is MAX_POWERS set to 1 here, what is this?
* this is totally the idea, one power, no greys, but garbage starts at
* max frequency – fast and furious, on ly the stong survive!
* This wasn’t in the spec. I get the idea, but next time let me know
* before you implement something like this.
* ok boss.